Presentation on the results of the public opinion: Attitude of the Czech citizens towards NATO and USA
Insert Post Subtitle
The research focused on the perception of the importance of NATO for maintaining the security of the Czech Republic and the role of the US in this organization. The event took place within the 15th anniversary of the Czech Republic membership in NATO.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic and Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists (AECR) supported this research, which was a part of the project “Connection Prague – Washington: Strengthening the transatlantic ties between the Czech Republic and the USA in the “post-radar” era”. The research was conducted by the Ipsos agency.
Some of the key questions were dealing with:
– The perception of the importance of Czech membership in NATO
– The perception of security threats in the Czech Republic
– Attitude towards NATO and the USA in the context of the security of the Czech Republic
– Attitude towards NATO military missions
– Perception of the level of the American influence of global culture (“Americanization”)
– Attitude towards energetics security and the completion of JETE
– Perception of the situation after the rejection of building US radar base on the Czech territory
The event was hosted by the Director of the PCTR, Dr Alexandr Vondra.
Complete results of the public opinion (Czech version) are available for download here.